Monday, August 22, 2011

Feature Item: Heirloom Tomato, Herb, and Cheese Pizza Tart- $18

There's truly no better combo than heirloom tomatoes, fresh picked herbs, feta and mozzarella. I got inspiration for this tart from an article in Southern Living and a episode of Barefoot Contessa. I picked up tomatoes from the amish produce stand in Green Hills and used my garden's fresh herbs that I bought from Creekside Garden Center in Belle Meade.

As summer is slowly coming to a close, I knew I wanted to bring my love of summer's most luscious fruit to your family's table. The best feature of this tart is that it comes FROZEN and ready to pop in the oven whenever you decide to indulge! Just preheat the oven to 300 degrees and bake for 25 mins or until heated through. This 12" tart serves 2-3 and is perfect paired with a salad for a light but delicious meal. Hurry while it's hot because once tomatoes are out of season, this tart will be, too. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment